|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 40 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 45 mins|
The ultimate Chinese Chicken Salad, marinated with flavorful asian spices that make your mouth water for more. Super healthy and delicious!
1 lb skinless chicken thighs or breast
⅓ cup coconut aminos
2 tbsp champagne vinegar or red wine vinegar
3 tbsp olive oil or avocado oil
2 tbsp sesame oil
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp onion powder
½ head purple cabbage, thinly sliced
¼ head green cabbage, thinly sliced
1 cup sliced carrots
1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
½ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
3 tbsp black sesame seeds
3 tbsp white sesame seeds
¼ cup pumpkin seeds
1 can mandarin oranges - 6 fresh peeled
Cast iron skillet
Instant read thermometer
- In a small bowl, whisk together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Place chicken in a bowl, along with 1/4 cup of the dressing, cover the bowl and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate.
- In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the salad, along with remaining dressing.
- Remove chicken from the refrigerator.
- Place a cast-iron skillet on the stove over medium heat, greasing well with oil so the chicken doesn’t stick
- Cook chicken for approximately six minutes on each side, or until an internal temp of 165°F is reached.
- Remove chicken from heat, let cool, and slice into thin strips.
- Add chicken to the salad, and use your hands to mix together the ingredients well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and more cilantro/sesame seeds if desired!