|YIELDS: 8 Servings
||PREP TIME: 15 mins
||COOK TIME: 6 hrs
||TOTAL TIME: 6 hrs 15 mins
3 lbs pork shoulder
4 pasilla peppers
4 bell peppers
1 garlic clove, minced
1 onion, diced
1 pinch brown sugar
1 pinch kosher salt
1 pinch cumin
- Cut the pork shoulder into cubes, add to a large pot, and simmer over medium heat for 2-3 hours.
- Place the pasilla peppers and bell peppers on a preheated grill and cook until charred on the outside.
- Transfer to a ziptop bag and let stand for several minutes. (This makes it easier to remove the blackened skin.)
- Remove the seeds and blackened skin from the peppers and place in a blender.
- Remove the husks from the tomatillos, cut into quarters, and place in the blender.
- Add the garlic and blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the pork, stir in the diced onion, and season with a pinch of brown sugar, salt, and cumin.
- Simmer on low heat for 2-3 hours.
- Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!