|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 20 mins|
1 lb ground chicken
½ cup plain breadcrumbs
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Rosemary-lemon sea salt (or regular sea salt), to taste
1 tsp Italian seasoning
¼ cup diced mushrooms
2 tsp minced garlic
2 tsp minced shallots
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp minced garlic
¼ cup white wine
1 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
2 tbsp pesto
2 tbsp julienned sun-dried tomatoes
1 cup grated parmesan
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions (usually around 8-10 minutes).
- Combine the ground chicken, egg, breadcrumbs, diced mushrooms, garlic, and shallots in a large bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning.
- Mix with hands until well combined.
- Heat a bit of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Shape the meatball mixture into tablespoon-size balls and drop into the pan.
- Cook the meatballs for about 10-12 minutes, turning every couple of minutes, until browned on all sides.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain the pasta and set aside. Add the olive oil to the hot pasta pot then stir in the garlic, white wine, cherry tomatoes, pesto, and sun-dried tomatoes.
- Cook the sauce for 3-4 minutes, until the tomatoes begin to burst.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and remove from heat.
- Add about 4 meatballs to a fresh pan along with a few spoonfuls of sauce.
- Toss in a handful of pasta and cook for 1-2 minutes, until everything is heated through.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, top with freshly grated parmesan, and serve!