|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 40 mins||TOTAL TIME: 55 mins|
Tuna Casserole recipe the way my mom made it! I grew up on this dish and learned how to make it when I was 7 years old... My mom worked all day, so I would surprise the family by making this dish! It's a bit on the trashy side, but soooo damn tasty! YOU'LL LOVE IT!!!
1 (10.5 oz can) cream of mushroom soup
1 ½ cups milk
12 oz albacore tuna (1 large can)
2 zucchini, sliced
2 carrots, peeled and sliced
1 tbsp dried minced onions
1 tbsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
½ cup plain bread crumbs
12 oz egg noodles (1 package), cooked and drained
16 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the cream of mushroom soup, milk, tuna, sliced zucchini, and sliced carrots in a large saucepan.
- Season with the dried minced onion, Italian seasoning, worcestershire, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the saucepan to the stovetop and cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Place a handful of the cooked noodles in the bottom of your baking dish.
- Top with several large spoonfuls of the veggie-tuna mixture.
- Cover with a layer of shredded cheddar.
- Repeat with another layer of noodles, veggie-tuna, and cheese.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes. Then turn on the broiler and broil for about 2 minutes, watching closely so you don't burn it.
- Let stand for about 15 minutes before serving.
- Dig in and enjoy!