|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 25 mins||TOTAL TIME: 35 mins|
Deserving Dad Award Winner, Chef Alton, shares his unique and totally delicious Surf & Turf recipe! It's like having a Panda Express right in your kitchen!
½ lb sirloin, cut into 1/2" pieces
½ lb ribeye, cut into 1/2" pieces
½ lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2" pieces
½ cup flour
1 white onion, thinly sliced
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
¼ cup sesame seeds
1 ½ cups white rice
1 bag chopped lettuce
Montreal steak seasoning
Montreal chicken seasoning
Lemon pepper seasoning
¼ cup orange sauce
¼ cup teriyaki sauce
¼ cup sriracha mayo
- Start by cooking the rice: Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Add the rice, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes, until the rice is tender and all of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Remove from heat and keep covered until ready to serve.
- For the surf & turf, season the shrimp with Old Bay to taste.
- Heat 1 tbsp Crisco in a large pan over medium-low heat.
- Add the shrimp to the pan and sauté for 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season the sirloin with Montreal steak seasoning to taste. Heat 1 tbsp Crisco in a large pan and sauté 1/2 of the onions and peppers for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the sirloin and continue sautéing for 6-8 minutes, until the steak is cooked through.
- Add 1/2 of the shrimp to the sirloin mixture and stir in about 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Season the ribeye with lemon pepper to taste. Heat 1 tbsp Crisco in a large pan and sauté the rest of the onions and peppers for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the ribeye and continue sautéing for 6-8 minutes until the steak is cooked through.
- Add the remaining shrimp to the ribeye mixture and stir in about 1/4 cup sriracha mayo. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- For the orange chicken, season the chicken with Montreal chicken seasoning to taste then toss in the flour.
- Heat 1/2-3/4 cup Crisco in a large pan and pan fry the chicken for 8-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the oil toss in about 1/4 cup orange sauce. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Quickly sauté the chopped lettuce with 2-3 tbsp of water until slightly softened.
- To serve, place a scoop of rice onto a plate and top with some of the lettuce. Add 1 scoop each of the teriyaki steak & shrimp, sriracha steak & shrimp, and orange chicken. Dig in and enjoy!