|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
The rich flavors of bacon and Parmesan cheese turn this cauliflower risotto into a super-flavorful side. A great, low-carb alternative to regular risotto!
4 strips bacon, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
½ white onion, diced
1 cup diced cremini (baby bella) mushrooms
1 cup chicken stock
16 oz cauliflower rice (2 bags)
½ cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup heavy cream
1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese
- Heat a large saucepan over medium-high heat. (This can be done on a grill or stovetop.)
- Add the bacon to the saucepan and cook until crisp. Remove the bacon from the pan using a slotted spoon (leave the fat in the pan) and transfer to a small bowl.
- Add the garlic, onion, and mushrooms to the bacon fat and sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened and lightly browned.
- Add the chicken stock and cauliflower rice to the pan and mix well.
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes, until the cauliflower rice has absorbed most of the chicken stock.
- Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese, mix well.
- Pulse a few times with your immersion blender just to break down any of the large pieces. (You don't want to turn into soup!)
- Stir in about 3/4 of the cooked bacon.
- Transfer the risotto to a serving bowl and top with the remaining bacon.
- Serve and enjoy!