|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 35 mins||TOTAL TIME: 45 mins|
Breakfast just got super simple and incredibly tasty with this easy to make frittata. Add in some bacon, spinach, tomatoes and cheddar cheese to the mix and you'll have a slammin' breakfast!
4 large slices bacon
3 cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
8 large eggs
½ cup milk (alternatively you can use almond milk, half and half or whatever you’ve got)
½ tsp onion powder
¼ tsp garlic powder
Salt and pepper to taste
⅔ cup shredded cheddar cheese (or whatever cheese you’ve got on hand)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 9 - 10 inch deep pie dish, set aside.
- Place bacon in a 12-inch non-stick skillet and cook over medium-high heat, tossing frequently, until browned and crisp, about 6 - 10 minutes.
- Transfer bacon to a plate lined with several layers of paper towels to drain, leave 1 Tbsp rendered bacon fat in a skillet drain and reserve or discard excess.
- Return skillet to medium-high heat, add spinach and sauté just briefly until it has wilted, about 15-30 seconds, transfer spinach to plate with bacon.
- In a large mixing bowl whisk together eggs, half and half, onion powder, garlic powder until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste*.
- Add cooked bacon, tomatoes, spinach and cheddar and sprinkle mixture to distribute ingredients evenly. Pour into prepared pie dish.
- Bake in preheated oven until just set, about 30-35 minutes. Cut into wedges and serve warm.
Note: You can use just about anything you have on hand to make this recipe: Mushrooms, onions, asparagus, fresh herbs, etc.