|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
The fresh flavors of the charred peppers combined with the lemon ricotta and cucumbers makes this veggie salad a hit for the summer!
½ cup walnuts
6 tsp olive oil divided, plus more for drizzling
4 Italian fryer peppers or Anaheim chilies
1 ½ cups whole milk ricotta cheese
6 Persian cucumbers sliced on a deep diagonal
1 cup mint leaves, torn if large
Freshly ground pepper
- Toast walnuts at 350°F for 8 to ten minutes, tossing halfway through. Cool, then crush into large pieces.
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a large skillet, over medium-high heat. Cook peppers, shaking pan and turning peppers occasionally, 6-8 minutes.
- Cool peppers and cut half lengthwise.
- Combine ricotta with 2 tbsp oil in a small bowl, finely grate lemon zest over mix well.
- Combine peppers, cucumbers, mint, and half of walnuts in a large bowl.
- Juice the reserved lemon into a bowl, drizzle 2 tbsp of oil, season with salt and toss to coat.
- Transfer mixture to a platter along with any juices on the bottom of the bowl. Dollop lemon ricotta over and top with remaining walnuts, drizzle more oil and season with black pepper.
Recipe adapted from: Bon Appetit