|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 35 mins||TOTAL TIME: 50 mins|
2 tbsp honey
2 cubes red fermented tofu (red bean curd) + 4 tsp of the sauce, mashed together
2 tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
4 slices ginger, roughly chopped
2 tsp Chinese five spice
2 tbsp Chinese rice cooking wine
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp Korean pepper flakes
2 tbsp honey
Instant read thermometer
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl or Ziploc bag and mix well. Add the pork strips and marinate in the fridge for 24 hours.
- After 24 hours, remove the pork from the marinade and bring to room temperature (takes about an hour).
- Transfer the marinade to a small pot and strain out the ginger and garlic.
- Add 2 tablespoons honey to the marinade and mix well.
- Cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, until it begins to boil. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat grill to 325°F.
- Grill the pork for 15 minutes on one side, flip, and continue cooking for another 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- Brush the pork with the glaze, let cook for a minute, flip and repeat 3-4 times.
- When the pork is red, sticky, and slightly charred, remove it from the grill and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can cook the pork in a 400°F oven - Place the pork on a roasting rack, cook for 20 minutes, flip, and cook another 20 minutes. After cooking for 40 minutes, begin glazing and flipping the pork every 3-5 minutes until all of the glaze has been used. Check for an internal temperature of 145°F, remove from the oven, and let rest for 10-15 minutes.