|YIELDS: 1 Servings||PREP TIME: 2 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 7 mins|
Quick and easy recipe for the best cast iron steak you've tasted. When it comes to a great steak, sometimes simple is best!
A nice thick cut ribeye steak (or your favorite cut)
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cast iron skillet
Instant read thermometer
- Season your steak generously with salt and pepper and let come to room temperature.
- Heat the cast iron skillet over medium high heat.
- Once it's smoking hot, add the ghee.
- Cook the steak for about 5 minutes on each side (depending on thickness and desired doneness).
- Baste the steak with the pan juices while cooking for ultimate flavor.
- Check temperature with your instant read thermometer - you're looking for 125°F for med-rare and about 135°F for medium.
- Let rest for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy!