|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 25 mins||COOK TIME: 45 mins||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 10 mins|
Grilled rack of lamb paired with creamy brown rice grits and grilled summer vegetables. A truly impressive dish and packed with flavor!
1 rack of lamb, around 2 lbs
Recteq Heffer Dust
Delta Blues Brown Rice Grits
8 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
¼ cup chopped red onion
1 ear sweet corn
1 tbsp butter
1 eggplant, sliced lengthwise into ¼” thick slices
4 Hatch green chiles
Large handful fresh cherry tomatoes
Terrapin Ridge Farms Spicy Chipotle Garnishing Sauce
2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Sliced green onions
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Generously rub the rack of lamb with Heffer Dust and grill until it reaches an internal temperature of 135°F. Remove from grill, tent with foil, and let rest.
- Throw the corn on the grill with the lamb and cook for about 25 minutes, rotating every 5 minutes or so.
- While the lamb and corn cook, prepare the grits according to the package instructions but using vegetable stock instead of water. Keep warm when done.
- Salt the eggplant slices and let stand for about 15 minutes.
- Sauté the shiitake mushrooms and chopped red onion in a pan with a bit of olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, and Cajun seasoning to taste and add about ¼ cup water to keep moist.
- Season the eggplant with pepper and Italian seasoning, spray with olive oil, and grill until tender.
- Slice open the chiles and remove the seeds. Rub with olive oil, season with salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning. Grill until softened and tender.
- Throw the cherry tomatoes on the grill with the other vegetables and cook until slightly blistered.
- Remove the corn from the grill and cut the kernels into a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix in the butter.
- To plate, start with a scoop of grits, then add the mushrooms, corn, eggplant, Hatch chiles, and tomatoes. Top with one of the lamb chops, hit it with a drizzle of chipotle sauce, and garnish with bacon bits and sliced green onions. Dig in!