|YIELDS: 4 Servings
|PREP TIME: 10 mins
|COOK TIME: 15 mins
|TOTAL TIME: 25 mins
Butter Chicken without the butter? You're gonna love this lightened-up version that uses cashew butter to thicken and add flavor!
- Optional Step: Smoke your chicken pieces for a few minutes to add some smokey flavor.
- Slice open the chilies and remove the ribs and seeds.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Add the chilies and tomatoes and cook until nicely charred all over, not burnt. Remove from the pan and place in a bowl.
- Peel the garlic and ginger and finely grate into a small bowl. Add most of the garam masala, a pinch of sea salt and black pepper, and 1 tbsp of the Greek yogurt. Coat the chicken pieces with the mixture.
- Return the pan to medium heat and add 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Cook the chicken pieces until they reach an internal temperature of 165°F. (About 5-10 mins for pre-smoked chicken or 10-15 mins for raw.) Remove from heat.
- Remove the skins from the tomatoes and roughly chop the chilies. Add to the chicken and mix well.
- Stir in the cashew butter and 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir well.
- Return the chicken to the stove over medium heat for a few minutes until heated through and thickened a bit.
- Drizzle in the remaining yogurt and serve.