|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 15 mins||COOK TIME: 35 mins||TOTAL TIME: 50 mins|
Need a little variety in your breakfast routine? Give this Potato Bacon Cheese Bake a try! Filled with tender potatoes, lots of sautéed veggies, and plenty of bacon and cheese!
1 lb purple and gold fingerling potatoes, parboiled
1 tbsp butter
¼ cup fresh herbs (parsley, chives, cilantro, etc.)
½ cup diced onion
½ cup diced tomato
½ cup sliced mushrooms
1 poblano pepper, diced
Salt and pepper, to taste
Crushed red pepper, to taste
2 cups egg whites
4 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt the butter in a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add your parboiled potatoes to the skillet, smash them down lightly, and let brown for about 5-8 minutes.
- While the potatoes brown, sauté the onion, tomato, mushrooms, and poblano in a separate skillet until softened. Toss in the herbs and season with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper.
- Place the sautéed veggies over the browned potatoes then pour the egg whites over everything. Top with the crumbled bacon and shredded mozzarella.
- Bake for about 35 minutes, until the eggs are set.
- Allow to rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.