|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 30 mins||TOTAL TIME: 40 mins|
1 red onion, diced
1 large carrot, sliced
1 leek, sliced
1 breadfruit (alternative you can use Sweet Potato)
2 cups coconut milk
1 tbsp panang curry paste
2 tsp madras curry powder
2 tsp fish sauce
¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
White rice, for serving
- To steam the breadfruit, slice the breadfruit open and remove the seed.
- Cut into quarters, place in a steamer basket, and steam for 1 hour.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Once cooled, peel off the skin, cut into chunks, and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot over medium-heat heat. Add the onion, carrot, and leek. Season with a pinch of salt and sauté until slightly softened.
- Add the breadfruit, coconut milk, curry paste, curry powder, and fish sauce.
- Simmer for about 20 minutes, until all of the veggies are tender. Toss in the parsley, serve over rice, and enjoy!
Note: If breadfruit is not available where you are, you can substitute diced sweet potato or yam. Just wait to add until about 10 mins into the simmering process.