|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
Pizza is the best kind of dessert, if you ask me! This blackberry, goat cheese, honey & pistachio pizza is the prefect combination of sweet and tangy with a little bit of crunch from the pistachios.
- Start by preparing the dough: Mix yeast and water together in the bowl of a stand mixer affixed with the dough hook attachment. (Alternatively, you can use a hand mixer with dough hook attachments.)
- Add flour to the mixer and mix on low for about 1 minute.
- Once combined, increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the side of the bowl.
- Add salt and mix on low for 1 minute then increase speed to high and mix for 2 minutes.
- Stop mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the olive oil.
- Mix on low for 1 minute then increase speed to high for 2 minutes.
- Final product will be tacky/sticky, like frosting.
- Cut into 4 equal size (400 grams) balls and wrap in plastic wrap. (Oil your hands when handling the dough, it helps the dough not stick.)
- Refrigerate for 8-24 hours, to let the dough form.
- To prepare the pizza, preheat oven or grill to 415°F.
- Dust a large baking sheet or pizza stone with cornmeal or flour. Shape the pizza dough into a large circle, place on the prepared stone, and bake for 5-7 minutes. (Alternatively, you can grill over hot coals.)
- Combine the goat cheese and honey in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Remove the crust from the oven (or grill) and spread with the goat cheese mixture. Top with the blackberries and return to the oven for 10-12 minutes, until the crust is golden and the blackberries have softened.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with chopped pistachios and drizzle with honey. Slice, serve, and enjoy!