|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 25 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
We were blown away by this Black Truffle Risotto while dining in Singapore and couldn't wait to recreate it at home! Hard working dad chef, Simone Loisi, was kind enough to share his recipe with us. Born in Italy, trained in France, and married to a local Singaporean, he loves teaching others how to make his homeland cuisine.
Follow him on IG: @simoneloisi_sg
1 ½ cups arborio rice
1 ½ tbsp sage infused butter
2 tsp minced yellow onion
¼ cup sliced porcini mushrooms
4 cups vegetable stock, warmed
2 tbsp parmesan cheese
½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
Fresh black truffles, for serving
- Melt the sage butter in a large dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add the onion and porcini mushroom and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the rice and cook until the rice becomes translucent, about 3-5 minutes.
- Slowly begin adding the warm vegetable stock, about 1 cup at a time. After each cup is added, stir until most of the liquid has been absorbed before adding the next cup.
- Once all of the stock has been added, continue cooking until the rice is al dente (cooked through but still firm).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the parmesan cheese.
- Serve with plenty of freshly shaved black truffles over the top and enjoy!