|YIELDS: 2 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 8 mins||TOTAL TIME: 13 mins|
Cooking 101: How to cook the perfect steak! Follow this foolproof method that also includes a recipe for a simple compound butter to top it with!
- Begin by setting your steaks out about 30-60 minutes before cooking so that they can come to room temperature.
- While the steaks come to room temp, prepare the compound butter by combining all ingredients in a microwave-safe bowl and microwaving for 30 seconds, or until the butter has melted. Mix well and transfer to the freezer to cool.
- Once the steaks are at room temperature, season liberally with Montreal steak seasoning.
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sear the steaks for several minutes on each side, until desired level of doneness is reached. (About 4-6 minutes on each side for medium, depending on thickness of steak.)
- Remove from heat, top with a spoonful of the compound butter, and serve!