|YIELDS: 1 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 3 mins||TOTAL TIME: 8 mins|
Big Jim teaches us all about this highly prized cut of beef and gives us some pointers on preparing it...if you're ever so lucky to get your hands on some!
Wagyu steaks (or your favorite cut of beef)
Freshly ground pepper
Cast iron skillet
- Allow your steaks to come to room temperature before grilling.
- Wagyu beef has so much marbling in it that you want to avoid cooking it directly over an open flame.
- Preheat a cast iron skillet on your grill for about 8-10 minutes.
- Add a piece of fat from your steak to the pan to grease it up a bit.
- Lightly season one side of the steak with kosher salt and place, salt side down in the preheated skillet.
- Add a few sprigs of fresh thyme to the skillet and season the other side with kosher salt.
- Cook for no longer than 1 1/2 minutes per side.
- Check for doneness using the thumb-to-finger trick. (Watch the video for this technique.)
- Remove the steaks from the grill and finish with a pinch more kosher salt, a bit of freshly ground pepper, and a dollop of softened butter.