|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 5 mins||COOK TIME: 25 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
A rich and creamy tomato soup recipe that will have you ditch the canned stuff for good! Super easy and bursting with fresh tomato flavor!
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp unsalted butter
1 large white onion, finely chopped
½ cup diced carrot
½ cup diced celery
¼ cup tomato paste
2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
2 tbsp flour
3 cups chicken broth
3 large tomatoes
1 cup cherry tomatoes
Thinly sliced fresh basil
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrot, celery, and garlic and cook for 5-7 minutes, until softened.
- Stir in the tomato paste and flour and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and chicken broth, mix well, and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Use an immersion blender to blend until very smooth.
- Stir in the heavy cream, adjust seasoning, if needed, and add a bit more chicken broth until desired consistency is reached.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and/or fresh basil and serve!