|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 6 hrs||TOTAL TIME: 6 hrs 10 mins|
A no-fail recipe for flavorful BBQ spare ribs! Grilling over low heat keeps them super tender and juicy while giving you a crispy exterior bark.
1-2 racks of spare ribs
Recteq Honey Rib Rub
Recteq Competition Rub (or your favorite dry rubs)
1 ½ cups apple juice
¼ cup sugar
2 tbsp butter
Your favorite BBQ sauce
- Preheat smoker or grill to 250°F.
- Remove the membrane from the ribs and cut off the top tip.
- Apply dry rub(s) generously to both sides.
- Cook, unwrapped, for 2 hours.
- Warm the apple juice, sugar, and butter, on the stovetop over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved and the butter has melted. Spritz or brush the mixture onto the ribs and continue cooking for another hour.
- After an hour, remove the ribs and double wrap in foil. Pour the remaining apple juice mixture into the bottom of the foil and return the ribs to the grill for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove from foil and cook for 30 minutes.
- Finally, slather with your favorite BBQ sauce and cook for 30 minutes more.
- Remove from the grill, cut them up, and serve!