|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 30 mins||COOK TIME: 10 mins||TOTAL TIME: 40 mins|
The best BBQ Chicken Pizza ever! Creamy Alfredo base, with lots of cheese and sweet, tangy, BBQ grilled chicken. Take the extra time to make the Bourbon Peach BBQ sauce, you won’t regret it!
4 par-grilled (or baked), 6-8 inch pizza crusts (we used Outdoor Grilling Dough by Urban Slicer or follow this dough recipe for a gluten-free option)
Homemade Alfredo sauce (recipe below, can also use store bought)
Bourbon Peach BBQ Sauce (recipe below)
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into thin slices
Fresh basil, thinly sliced
Extra virgin olive oil, for finishing
Bourbon Peach BBQ Sauce
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp finely diced jalapeño pepper (jarred or fresh)
¼ cup bourbon
1 lb fresh peaches or use frozen diced into chunks
½ cup water
¾ cup brown sugar
2 tbsp molasses
2 tbsp tomato paste
¼ cup ketchup
¼ cup apple cider vinegar
2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp kosher salt
½ tsp cracked black pepper
⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
¼ cup butter
¾ cup heavy cream
1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the bourbon peach BBQ sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the jalapeño peppers and cook until softened, about 3-5 mins.
- Stir in the bourbon and simmer for about 5 minutes to evaporate down a bit.
- Add the peaches and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir until fully combined. Once it starts to boil, reduce heat to simmer.
- Simmer the sauce for 5-10 mins, until it thickens. Remove from heat and set aside.
- For the alfredo sauce, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Once melted, stir in the heavy cream and whisk until hot.
- Add the grated parmesan and whisk until melted. Remove from heat and set aside.
- For the chicken, preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Drizzle the chicken breasts with olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place on the grill and begin basting with the bourbon BBQ sauce as they cook. Grill for 5-7 minutes per side, or until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached. Remove from grill and let rest before slicing.
- To make the pizzas, preheat smoker or grill to 525°F.
- Spread a few spoonfuls of the alfredo sauce onto each pizza crust.
- Top with a few slices of mozzarella and some parmesan cheese.
- Place some of the BBQ chicken slices on top along with a drizzle of the BBQ sauce.
- Grill (or bake) for about 10 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
- Add a drizzle of olive oil and some fresh basil. Slice and serve.