|YIELDS: 2 Servings
||PREP TIME: 5 mins
||COOK TIME: 10 mins
||TOTAL TIME: 15 mins
1 tsp cinnamon
3 tbsp unsalted butter
⅓ cup dark brown sugar
¼ cup banana liqueur
¼ cup dark rum
Vanilla ice cream, for serving
10" non-stick skillet
- Slice the banana on the bias (slight angle) into about 1/2" pieces. (This will prevent the bananas from turning to mush during the cooking process.)
- Melt the butter in a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- When butter starts to melt, add the brown sugar.
- Stir regularly with a spatula to prevent burning.
- When the mixture starts to get foamy, reduce the heat a bit.
- Add the cinnamon and stir to incorporate.
- Add the banana liqueur. Be sure to swirl the pan and stir with your spatula to keep the contents moving. (The mixture will bubble up pretty actively initially then calm down when the sauce thickens.)
- Remove the pan from the heat (IMPORTANT) and pour in the rum.
- Return the pan to the heat, still stirring.
- Using the grill lighter, CAREFULLY ignite the contents in the pan.
- Still swirling the pan, add in the bananas. (The flames will stop once the alcohol burns off.)
- Scoop vanilla ice cream onto plates or in bowls.
- Spoon the warm banana mixture equally over the ice cream.
- Serve & enjoy!