|YIELDS: 12 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 1 hr 30 mins||TOTAL TIME: 1 hr 50 mins|
A SUPER BOWL Must have - JALAPEÑO POPPERS with TEQUILA AIOLI DIPPING SAUCE!!! These are SOOO DAMNNNNN GOOD! The perfect party appetizer! Delicious jalapeño poppers stuffed with a cheesy sausage mixture, wrapped in bacon and served with a tequila dipping sauce...what's not to love?!? Perfect for parties, game day and tailgating.
12 whole jalapeños
12 strips bacon
4 oz (1/2 package) cream cheese, softened
½ cup sausage, cooked and crumbled
½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
¼ cup minced onion
1 cup mayonnaise
1 dash chili habañero sauce
2 tbsp tequila
- Leaving the stem intact, make a slice down one side of the jalapeño and gently open up.
- Carefully remove the ribs and seeds (try not to rip the pepper open).
- Repeat with the remaining peppers.
- In a medium bowl, combine the softened cream cheese, cooked sausage, shredded cheddar, and onion. Mix well.
- Carefully spoon the cream cheese mixture into the jalapeños. (Do not overfill.)
- Wrap each jalapeño in a strip of bacon and secure closed with a toothpick.
- Smoke the jalapeños for about 1 1/2 hours. Alternatively, you can throw them in a 400°F oven for about 20 minutes, until the bacon is crisp. (TIP: Be sure to wash your hands well after handling the peppers. Or better yet, wear gloves!)
- While the jalapeños are cooking, prepare the tequila aioli by whisking together the mayonnaise, a dash of chili habañero sauce, and the tequila until smooth.
- Serve the jalapeño poppers with the tequila aioli and enjoy!
- If you want to get fancy with the presentation, place a spoonful of the aioli in a shot glass and top with a jalapeño popper.