|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 25 mins||TOTAL TIME: 35 mins|
A light and healthy pizza bursting with the fresh flavor of basil! This Asparagus, Pancetta & Pesto Pizza makes a wonderful springtime dinner.
1 lb asparagus, shaved
⅓ cup shelled edamame (thawed, if using frozen)
2 oz thinly sliced pancetta
⅓ cup pesto sauce (recipe below)
1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella
- Start by preparing the dough: Mix yeast and water together in the bowl of a stand mixer affixed with the dough hook attachment. (Alternatively, you can use a hand mixer with dough hook attachments.)
- Add flour to the mixer and mix on low for about 1 minute.
- Once combined, increase speed to medium and mix for 3 minutes. Stop the mixer and scrape down the side of the bowl.
- Add salt and mix on low for 1 minute then increase speed to high and mix for 2 minutes.
- Stop mixer, scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the olive oil.
- Mix on low for 1 minute then increase speed to high for 2 minutes.
- Final product will be tacky/sticky, like frosting.
- Cut into 4 equal size (400 grams) balls and wrap in plastic wrap. (Oil your hands when handling the dough, it helps the dough not stick.)
- Refrigerate for 8-24 hours, to let the dough form.
- To prepare the pizza, preheat oven to 415°F.
- For the pesto, combine the basil, pine nuts, parmesan, lemon juice, garlic, and salt in a food processor and pulse until roughly chopped. Slowly add the oil while blending until well combined. Set aside.
- Lay the pancetta slices on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until browned. Remove from oven, allow to cool, and chop.
- Dust a large baking sheet or pizza stone with cornmeal or flour. Shape the pizza dough into a large circle, place on the prepared stone, and bake for 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the crust from the oven and evenly spread about 1/3 cup of the pesto over it. Top with the mozzarella cheese, shaved asparagus, edamame, and pancetta. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden.
- Remove from the oven and let stand for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving.