|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 15 mins||TOTAL TIME: 25 mins|
1 lb chicken cubed (pre-cooked)
2 tbsp sesame oil
1 small onion - chopped
1 cup red, yellow and orange bell pepper - chopped
2 heads broccoli tops cut into individual smaller pieces
1 package mushrooms
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp pureed ginger
1 cup chicken broth
¼ cup soy sauce
⅓ cup peanuts or cashews
¼ cup sesame seeds
Fresh ground pepper to taste
- In a large pan or wok, heat up the sesame oil on medium heat for 2-3 minutes until hot.
- Add the chopped onion, bell peppers and broccoli and stir to get it completely mixed together. Then add the garlic, ginger and mushrooms and mix again for 2 minutes.
- Continue to mix together, then add the chicken broth and bring it to a boil and let sit for 3-5 minutes to let the broccoli cook through.
- Now add in the chicken and soy sauce and mix for another 3 -5 minutes on a low boil. Add fresh ground pepper to taste
- Add the peanuts or cashews and sesame seeds, mix and serve over rice.
Notes: If you like it spicy - add 1 or 2 tablespoons of chili garlic sauce.
Stir fry is meant to be whatever you have in your refrigerator...asparagus, eggplant, spinach, carrots, etc.