|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 30 mins||TOTAL TIME: 50 mins|
A complete Asian inspired dinner! Soy-honey-ginger marinated chicken, fried rice with veggies and tofu, quick pickled vegetables, and even a cocktail for the adults! Fire up the grill - you'll definitely want to give this one a try!
Asian Grilled Chicken
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
3 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
Juice of 1 clementine
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp minced garlic
1" piece of ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
1 tsp white pepper
1 pinch salt
2 cups long grain white rice
2 cups chicken stock
2 cups water
2 tsp turmeric
14 oz (1 block) extra firm tofu, cubed
2 tbsp bacon fat (or coconut oil)
2 tsp hot chili oil
2 tsp sesame oil
2 Thai chili peppers (or whatever spicy pepper is available), thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 green onions, thinly sliced
½ yellow onion, thinly sliced
1 ½ cups frozen peas
1 cup shredded carrots
1 tbsp gluten-free soy sauce
½ tsp cardamom
1 tsp white pepper
1 pinch salt
1 cup rice wine vinegar
1 cup water
¼ cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp minced garlic
1 carrot, peeled and cut into thin strips
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
2 radishes, spiralized or thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
- To pickle the veggies, combine the rice wine vinegar, water, sugar, salt, and minced garlic in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Place the veggies in a large, heatproof container and pour the hot pickling mixture over them.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.
- Next, marinate the chicken: Combine the soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, clementine juice, honey, minced garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper in a small saucepan and heat until the honey has fully dissolved. Taste, adjust seasoning, if needed, and let cool.
- Pierce each chicken breast several times with a fork to allow the marinade to soak in. Place the chicken breasts in a shallow container and cover with the cooled marinade. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To cook the rice, combine the rice, chicken stock, water, and turmeric in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until all of the liquid has absorbed.
- To prepare the fried rice, heat 1 tbsp bacon fat, 1 tsp chili oil, and 1 tsp sesame oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Sauté the tofu until browned on all sides. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a separate skillet, heat the remaining bacon fat, chili oil, and sesame oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the Thai chili pepper, red bell pepper, green onion, yellow onion, carrots, and peas to the pan.
- Sauté for about 5 minutes, until softened and browned then season with the soy sauce, cardamom, white pepper, and salt.
- Crack the eggs into the pan and cook while stirring constantly. Add the rice to the pan and mix well.
- Remove from heat, stir in the tofu, taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- To cook the chicken, remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and place on a preheated grill or grill pan.
- Grill for 6-10 minutes on each side, until an internal temperature of 165°F is reached.
- For the Red Akuma cocktail, combine the whiskey, agave syrup, blood orange soda, and Thai chili pepper in a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
- Shake well and strain into two rocks glasses filled with ice.
- Garnish with a chili pepper, if desired. Enjoy!