|YIELDS: 6 Servings||PREP TIME: 20 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 40 mins|
A healthy, veggie-packed stir fry served over gluten-free edamame noodles tossed in homemade pesto. And we threw some skirt steak in for good measure! This Skirt Steak Stir Fry with Pesto Pasta has a little bit of everything!
1 ½ lbs skirt steak
8 oz gluten-free edamame angel hair pasta
2 large broccoli crowns
1 large anise (or fennel)
1 large sweet onion
1 red bell pepper
1 orange bell pepper
1 lb sugar snap peas
¾ lb shitake mushrooms
1 cup whole cashews
1 small jicama
5 large cloves garlic
1 cup avocado oil
Salt and pepper
3 oz basil leaves
3 oz spinach leaves
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup raw pepitas
5 large cloves garlic
1 large lime
Salt, to taste
- To make the pesto, combine the basil, spinach, olive oil, garlic, pepitas, and lime juice in a small food processor and blend until a smooth paste forms. Season with salt to taste.
- Next, air fry the veggies: Cut the broccoli, anise, onion, bell peppers, and sugar snap peas into small pieces. Place everything on air fryer racks, drizzle with avocado oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Air fry at 350°F for 12 minutes, mixing halfway through. Vegetables should be al dente.
- To cook the skirt steak, preheat grill to 500°F. Cut the skirt steak into 3" pieces and season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika. Sear the steak pieces for 3 minutes on each side. Remove from the grill and cut into 1/2" slices against the grain.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of oil then reduce to a simmer and add the pasta. Boil for about 4-5 minutes, or until al dente. Drain and let the pasta sit in the strainer over the pot with a top on to keep pasta warm.
- In a small sauté pan, add a drop of oil and the cashews. Sauté on low until cashews are a golden brown.
- Cut the shitake mushrooms and jicama into small pieces. Mince the garlic.
- To make the stir fry, heat the avocado oil in a large cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the garlic and sauté until golden brown.
- Add the ingredients from the air fryer and sauté for 3-4 minutes then toss in the jicama, shitake mushrooms, and cashews.
- Once everything is tossed together, push it all to the outer edges of the pan. Add the steak to the center of the pan and sauté for 3-4 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and toss everything together. Continue to sauté while mixing frequently.
- Combine the pasta and pesto sauce in a large bowl and toss until well coated.
- Place a scoop of pasta on a plate and top with a generous serving of the stir fry. Enjoy!