|YIELDS: 8 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
This African Beef Stew is a mouthwatering combination of beef and veggies in a hearty tomato broth. A local Rwandan dish that the whole family is going to love!
¼ cup olive oil
2 lbs beef filet, cubed
1 ½ yellow onions, diced
2 large carrots, peeled and diced
1 bell pepper, diced
½ large zucchini, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt and pepper
1 tomato, diced
½ cup tomato puree
2 tbsp tomato paste
8 cups vegetable stock
2 tbsp maggi (crumbled bouillon cube)
¼ cup thinly sliced leeks
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil to the pan and cook the cubed beef until browned on all sides.
- Add the onion, carrot, bell pepper, zucchini, and garlic. Sauté for 2-3 minutes, until they begin to soften.
- Season liberally with salt and pepper then add the diced tomatoes, tomato puree, and tomato paste.
- Stir in the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Season with maggi (crumbled bouillon) and add the leeks to the stew.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, until slightly thickened.
- Serve and enjoy!