|YIELDS: 4 Servings||PREP TIME: 10 mins||COOK TIME: 20 mins||TOTAL TIME: 30 mins|
Spicy Tapatio buffalo chicken wings are the perfect temperature for everyone to enjoy. The blue cheese dipping sauce puts it over the edge!
12 chicken wingettes, separated at the joint and tips discarded
1 tbsp vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
Blue Cheese Dipping Sauce
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup cream cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
- Position an oven rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat to 450°F.
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, toss together the chicken, oil, 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Arrange the chicken on the prepared baking sheet and roast for 15 minutes.
- To make the blue cheese dipping sauce: In a small bowl, mash the sour cream and cream cheese with a fork; season with salt. Stir in the blue cheese and 1 tablespoon water. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- For the Buffalo sauce: Put all the ingredients in a pan and set over medium heat until it starts to boil, making sure to stir regularly.
- Remove from the stove, let it cool down for a little bit and then cover the wings. The best way is to transfer to a plastic bag, put in the wings and shake.