PF CHANG’S CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS gluten free
I had to share this one to all my Dads…PF Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps are “One of the easiest recipes I have ever made, and my wife asked me to make it again 2 day’s later!”
I always make our food at my home Gluten Free, why? My wife is allergic to it. Makes her really sick…
A copycat recipe with a couple adds that you can easily make in just 20 minutes. And it tastes a million times better too!
MAKES: 4 SERVINGS
PREP : 10 MINUTES
COOK : 10 MINUTES
TOTAL : 20 MINUTES
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pnd ground chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1/4 c hoisin sauce (gluten free)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (gluten free)
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp Sriracha, optional
- 1 (8-ounce) can whole water chestnuts, drained and diced
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 head butter lettuce (dtc likes red)
- Peanuts finely chopped (use for topping)
- Bean Threads (use for topping)
- Heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Add ground chicken and cook until browned, about 3-5 minutes, making sure to crumble the chicken as it cooks; drain excess fat.
- Stir in garlic, onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger and Sriracha until onions have become translucent, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in chestnuts and green onions until tender, about 1-2 minutes; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To serve, spoon several tablespoons of the chicken mixture into the center of a lettuce leaf, add peanuts and bean theads eat it like a taco.