Can you say "yummy"? Chef Jason Glover of Dads That Cook prepares a Gluten-free Ginger Teriyaki Salmon in an easy 3-step process.
Watch the video on how it's made! Simple and easy... :)
Prep: 10 mins
Cook: 10 mins
Yields: 3 servings
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Cover pie pan with foil (all around, for easy clean up).
3. Rinse and pat the salmon dry with paper towels, if needed.
4. Place salmon in pie pan.
5. Sprinkle a little pepper evenly over the fish.
MAKE GLAZE & COAT THE FISH
6. In a bowl, mix together the miso bean paste, brown sugar and ginger.
7. To the mixture, add a little bit of the soy sauce and mix together. Repeat the process until it becomes thick and paste-like. (TIP: You may not use all of the soy sauce. Aim for paste-like consistency, not too thin or soupy. It needs to "stick" to the fish.)
8. Coat the fish with the glaze with a thick layer. (Try to keep it on top of the fish.)
COOK & BROIL THE SALMON
9. Place the pan in the oven (center rack height) and cook for 10 minutes.
10. Take the salmon out of the oven and raise the rack one level higher (closer to the broiler, but not all the way up).
11. Turn the oven on to broil.
12. Place pan back in the oven for a couple minutes, long enough to get the glaze bubbly and golden. (TIP: Check the fish regularly. The glaze can burn easily.)
SERVE & ENJOY!
13. When done, plate the salmon with some veggies or your favorites sides.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Cook time is 10 minutes, plus a couple extra minutes under the broiler for a bubbly, golden glaze.